Monday, February 28, 2011

You can't have it all!

One TV ad has pointed that out.  And I truly affirm it.  We can’t have them all,  but we can be content of what we have and be the best of what  we can be.
Success stories are awe inspiring that we wished we too had the talents and abilities of those we look up to.  Who wouldn’t wish he had the boxing prowess of Manny Pacquiao,  the magic of Efren “Bata” Reyes, the beauty of Julia Roberts, the genius of Albert Einstein and the wisdom of Solomon? 
When I was younger,  after viewing so many James Bond movies, I started kicking here and there  imagining that I was a secret agent.  With Neil Armstrong’s first step on the moon,  I too leaped  to be an astronaut.  Curious of people talking and the sound of music in the radio, I was keen on the  inventiveness of Thomas Edison.  A have a heart of a good Samaritan, so I thought  I can be of help to others by becoming a doctor.
 What could have happened that I did not become any of the  things I fancied.  At this point in my life,  I came to realize that with so many wishes,  a lot of dreams,  various opportunities,  one has to work hard, get rid of traits that  serve as stumbling blocks to improving oneself.    I didn’t have the guts to apply as working student instead of quitting.  I was contented with what I believe life has in store for me.  If only I did  not miss those golden chances that could have changed my life completely.. I failed to recognize that  dreams  materialize with open eyes.  That for one to complete a journey, the first single  step must be done.  
Though  the path I travel everyday has humps and cracks, I learned that one can be happy and contented without having any of those things we wanted.  Don’t be deceived that you’re contented because you dwell in your comfort zone.  The secret to genuine happiness says Matthieu Ricard, the happiest man in the world, is to nurture loving kindness,  unconditional love,  an act of generosity with no strings attached…inner peace,  inner strength,  inner contentment.
If only  we made use of the talents and skills God has endowed us.   If only those valuable gifts are not wasted...  Search your  inner self  and uncover your hidden treasures.  Share them to others.. It is through simple acts of kindness that we can  find meaning  and truly appreciate what the Lord has bestowed on us.
If only we have the faith as big as a mustard seed…then we can be truly happy ..  with no worries because as God’s children we have a loving Father who will provide all our needs.  And though life is full of complexities,  one can be happy,  contented  and feel  fulfilled without having them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment