Saturday, April 9, 2011

Behind the laughter


            Have you laughed though your hurting so much?  Well, you're a rare species and I really marvel at you for being one.

            I will my friend… This is what I uttered to myself when a friend said "if only I can write something about what's behind those laughter " ..   Thank you for the inspiration my friend.

I dedicate this article to all who face their problems with a smile and even in the midst of  heartbreaking experiences they  laugh with the world and maintain a happy countenance.

When in a quandary, one can't help but cry in isolation.. and  shut their doors to others. But not  Kim..  My friend is full of admiration for him.  Since his childhood  he's man enough to stand up to what life has offered him. Living away from home with a younger sister, he was  responsible for the two of them. Not many children are trained to be independent at an early age… and with austere needs.

There are  many  "Kims"  around us. Our favorite star may not  show any sadness when on stage because she knows that the show must go on…A  teacher puts on a jovial mask in front of students because of her commitment… A vendor though tired of standing widens her smile as customers wait in queue.. Lots of  cheerful people, so full of life, and yet they strive against all odds.

As I write this,  poignant memories fill my heart.  I realized I'm "Kim" at one point in my life.  How I faced my troubles with laughter that I can't understand  but what I learned  from life is.. Do not let your troubles bring you down,  instead,  magnify your ecstasies.  No matter how dismal your outlook may seem,  there's always that feeling of optimism, of strength and hope.

Be like Kim,  smiling, cheery, mindful of the people who cares and above all believes that our loving Father is with us every inch of the way….  

No comments:

Post a Comment